We undertook architectural paint research of this Grade II listed Vestry House at a significant London church.
The Vestry House of St Giles in the Field is contemporaneous with the third church on the site, built 1731-3 by Henry Flitcroft. The main vestry room contains its original panelling, which contain names of the rectors of the Parish since 1547
We were commissioned to undertake an examination of the architectural paint of the entirety of the principle room and the panelling of the Vestry House in order to help inform redecoration.
Through on-site investigations, including removing samples from different architectural elements of the room, and analysis undertaken in our labs back in Lincoln we were able to identify approximately 23 decoration schemes found within the main room of the Vestry House, which can be divided into ten different phases of redecoration.
From this we were able to provide our client with images illustrating how the current space would appear if decorated according to one of the historic schemes of their choice.